Professor of Bible and Theology
Department: Christian Studies Philosophy
Office: HU 130
Phone Extension: 2213
- Ph.D. London School of Theology/Brunel University, 2001 (New Testament)
- M.Div. Nazarene Theological Seminary, 1993 (Honors Track, New Testament)
- B.A. Trinity Bible College, 1988 (Biblical Studies and Ministerial)
COURSES CURRENTLY BEING TAUGHT
- Understanding the New Testament
- Understanding the Old Testament
- Synoptic Gospels
- Writings of John
- Hebrews and General Epistles
- Biblical Interpretation
- Christian Theology
OTHER COURSES TAUGHT AT ASBURY
- Growth of the New Testament Church
- Galatians and Romans
- Prison Epistles
- Basic Greek
Hebrews: A Commentary in the Wesleyan Tradition. New Beacon Bible Commentary. Kansas City, MO: Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City, 2013.
“Resurrection.” Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels (2nd ed.), 774-89.
‘But God Raised Him from the Dead’: The Theology of Jesus’ Resurrection in Luke-Acts. Paternoster Biblical Mongraphs. Milton Keynes, England: Paternoster, 2006.
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Wesleyan Theological Society
Ever since my doctoral work I have had an interest in Luke-Acts studies; however, of late I have also become interested in the Johannine literature. Teaching Galatians and Romans has afforded me the opportunity to dig deeper into Paul’s writings.
I am currently writing a mini-commentary on the Acts of the Apostles for a whole-volume commentary. I am also about to embark on a writing project that will cover Hebrews and the General Epistles.