Department: Ancient Modern Languages
Office: RE 110B
Phone extension: 2202
PhD, University of Kentucky, dissertation topic: The Regenerationist Essay in Spain, 1890-1901
- Advanced Topics in Spanish (graduate)
- Advanced Independent Research in Spanish (graduate)
- Masterpieces of Spanish Literature
- Spanish Linguistics
- Senior Seminar
- Culture and Civilization of Spain
- Survey of Spanish Literature I and II(medieval period through the modern era)
- Survey of Spanish-American Literature I and II (colonial through twentieth century)
- Intermediate Spanish
- Elementary Spanish
Dendle, Brian J. and Shelby Thacker. British Travellers in Mallorca in the Nineteenth Century. Newark, Delaware: Juan de la Cuesta Press, 2006. 150 pp.
Chronicle of Alfonso X. Trans. Shelby Thacker and José Escobar. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2002. 268 pp.
Schmidhuber de la Mora, Guillermo. The Three Secular Plays of Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz. Trans. Shelby G. Thacker. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2000.
Translation of Juan Luis Arsuaga’s El reloj de Mr. Darwin (Mr. Darwin’s Timepiece), published in Madrid by Ediciones Temas de Hoy in 2009; 348 pages.
Sigma Delta Pi, The National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society