Biology Lab Associate/Assistant Professor
Department: Shaw School of Sciences
Office: Shaw CLC 241
Phone Extension: 2275
- 2012. Ph.D., Plant and Soil Science, University of Kentucky.
Dissertation: Invasive Ecology of Old World Bluestem Grasses and Insights for Coastal Prairie Restoration in South Texas.
- 2004. M.S., Forestry, University of Kentucky.
- 1998. B.S., Biology, University of Kentucky.
- BIO 100/101: Introductory Biology lecture/lab
- BIO 121/122: Mission Farm
- BIO 202/203/204: General Biology lecture/labs
- BIO 211/213: Microbiology lecture/lab
- BIO 272/274: Principles of Plant Biology lecture/lab
- BIO 322: Genetics
- ESC 150/151: Earth Science lecture/lab
- Rehabilitating bush honeysuckle (Lonicera maackii) invaded woodlands with honeysuckle removal and native species plantings
- Antimicrobial effects of plant extracts
- Natural History
- Faith and Science
- Invasive species ecology and management
- Conservation Biology
- Wildlife Ecology and Management
Ruffner, M.E., and T.G. Barnes. 2012. Evaluation of herbicide and disking to control invasive bluestems in a south Texas coastal prairie. Rangeland Ecology and Management 65: 277-285.
Ruffner, M.E., R.L. McCulley, J.A. Nelson, and T.G. Barnes. 2012. Ecosystem function differs between Old World bluestem invaded and native coastal prairie in south Texas. Biological Invasions 14: 1483-1500.
Ruffner M.E., and T.G. Barnes. 2010. Natural grassland response to herbicide and application timing to control tall fescue, an invasive cool-season grass. Invasive Plant Science and Management 3(3): 219 – 228.