Lisa Cluxton Jones, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor of Instructional Design
Departments: Communication & Theatre Arts, Media, Journalism & Digital Storytelling
Office: Miller 215
Phone Extension: 2457Contact Lisa Cluxton Jones
Lisa Jones is Assistant Professor of Instructional Design and Program Coordinator of Instructional Design in the School of Communication Arts. She received the Master of Education/Teaching, Master of English and Doctorate of Education Leadership/Educational Technology at Morehead State University. Lisa has more than a decade of experience as an online instructor and instructional designer, creating digital hybrid and online courses for Morehead State, Kentucky Adult Education, Kentucky State, Berea College, various Kentucky community colleges and Kentucky governmental agencies. Her interests are instructional design, emerging technology, and teaching and learning theory in digital and online education. She resides in Berea Kentucky.
- Ed.D-Educational Technology and Leadership-Morehead State University
- M.A. Teaching- Rank I- Morehead State University
- M.A. English-Morehead State University
- B.A. English- Shawnee State University
Publications and Presentations
- Czarapata, P., and L. Jones. (2017). The NGDLE’s Relevance to Community and Technical Colleges. Educause Review. Ed. Malcolm Brown.
- Jones, L. (2017). SREB and digiLEARN Personalized Learning Regional Meeting. Governor’s Panel Discussion. Atlanta, GA.
- Jones, L. (2016) Competency Based Learning at KCTCS. Panel presentation at C-Ben national conference.
- Jones, L. (2016) “Digital Badging- Alternative Assessment for Knowledge, Skills and Ability in Higher Ed” National Labor Colleges Consortium Berea College.
- Jones, L. (2015). “From Socrates to Plickers: Using the newest audience response system for formative student assessment and active learning. KCTE Lexington, Ky.
- Jones, L. (2015). “Libraries are the Space to Be!- Creating the active learning Open Lab” AICKU- Association of Independent Colleges in Kentucky.
- Jones, L. (2015). “Losing the Red Pen: Using Video Grading Feedback in Distance and Blended Learning” ASCUE-National, Myrtle Beach, SC. * Published
- Jones, L. (2014). Flip your Hangout: Using Google Hangouts for Distance and Blended Collaboration ASCUE National. Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Jones, L. (2013). “Using Video Grading for Student Feedback and Retention” Kentucky Convergence. Frankfort Ky.