Off-Campus and Non-Traditional Housing
Asbury University is committed to the residential college experience and thus expects full-time single students to live in University housing. To be eligible to apply to live off campus, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Students who are classified as “Independent.” (This is a legal designation through the Financial Aid Office.)
- Students who are 23 or older.
- Students who live with a parent, legal guardian or close relative at least 25 years old.
- Students who are working in an approved home for their room and board but who make no cash payment for said room and board.
- Students who are fifth-year seniors.
- Students who are getting married.
Eligible students who wish to live off campus must file an Application to Live Off Campus. Forms are available online or outside the Student Accounts Office on the first floor of the Hager Administration Building. Questions regarding the form should be directed to the Assistant Vice President for Business Affairs at 859-858-3511, ext. 2140.
Applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the academic term. There will be a $10 late filing fee if the application is received less than one week before registration.
Married or Non-Traditional Student Housing
The University offers a limited number of one- and two-bedroom units for married and other non-traditional students, all unfurnished. Students who desire this type of housing should contact the Physical Plant at 859-858-3511, ext. 2443 at the earliest possible date, as there may be a wait list.