Creative Writing Camp
Attend a five-day writing intensive Creative Writing camp taught by Asbury faculty! You will write fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry as you learn to find inspiration, stimulate and create new work, workshop, revise, and publish good creative writing.
Monday – Friday, June 8 – 12, 2020
View the daily schedule.
The camp is $400-$450 per person (depending on Early or Standard Registration), and includes food, lodging, and all expenses.
What You Can Expect:
- Learn to create characters that will move you through a story
- Find the stories in your life that will inspire others, and see how you can convey them in creative non-fiction
- Jump start poetry from universal prompts
- Meet individually with Prof. Kristina Erny or another experienced writer for a critique
- Participate in a directed workshop with other students in your chosen genre
About Your Instructor:
Kristina Erny has worked with high school and university students for over a decade. She holds an MFA from The University of Arizona and currently works as an Asst. Professor of Creative Writing at Asbury University. She has taught in Indiana, South Korea, Arizona, and Kentucky. A recipient of the Tupelo Quarterly Inaugural Poetry Prize and the Ruskin Art Club Poetry Award, her poetry has been published in Bluestem, Yemassee, Tupelo Quarterly, Perspectives, and The Los Angeles Review.