Join industry professionals for this five-day intensive utilizing Asbury’s cutting-edge Media Communications facilities. Film I provides an introduction to the art and skill of filmmaking. Film II is a more advanced camp that builds on the basics, so previous experience in film is helpful.
Monday – Friday, June 4 – 8, 2018
Monday – Friday, June 11 – 15, 2018
Click here for the daily schedule.
The camp is $390 per person, and includes food, lodging, and all expenses.
What You Can Expect:
- Each student will work with professional film gear
- Each student will learn the essentials of filmmaking, e.g. writing, directing, and editing
- Each student will play a key role in the production of their short films
- Each student will be able to screen their films for friends and family at the end of camp. This will occur in Asbury’s state of the art screening room
- Other industry professionals will be visiting or teleconferencing into the film camp
About Your Instructor:
David Whitaker received his Masters in Creative Enterprise from the University of Reading in England. Before receiving his degree he worked in the film industry in Hollywood in both a production capacity and as a digital rights manager for major studios such as 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, Lionsgate, MGM, and others. He is now pursuing his MFA in Film Production from Asbury University.