The Set Apart Retreat will inspire and guide students to know God better, to think critically about their faith, and to develop a biblical vision for the needs of others.
The retreat model allows for students to engage in an intensive, off-campus experience with faculty, staff and peers to address important foundational faith questions and topics in an enjoyable and reflective environment. On the retreat, we seek to have a 1:7 student to faculty/staff ratio, with each student being placed in a small group led by a faculty/staff member.
Every student will have an opportunity to attend a Set Apart Retreat within their first four semesters to assist in setting the tone for their educational experience at Asbury University. The cost for the retreat is $0, with all expenses paid due to the generosity of the Price Family Foundation.
2022-2023 Dates and Locations
- Oct. 12-16 – Panama City Beach, Fla.
- Dec. 9-13 – Ft. Myers Beach, Fla.
- April 30 – May 4 – Colorado Springs, Colo.
Potential Daily Schedule
- Main Session
- Workshops (Ex. how to pray, how to read the Bible, Q & A with the speaker)
- Free time (beach, heated pools, sand volleyball, basketball, etc.)
- Guided reflection
- Main session
- Small groups (led by Asbury faculty and staff)
What to Bring on the Retreat
- Bible/pen (If you do not have a Bible, please let us know and we will provide you with one.)
- Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets)
- Sweatshirt/light jacket