Welcome Week 2019
Asbury University’s Welcome Week provides new students with the support and resources to successfully enter Asbury’s social, spiritual, and intellectual community. All new and transfer students enrolling full-time are expected to attend Welcome Week. Transfers with 30 credits or more begin Welcome Week on Thursday, August 15-18; all other new and transfer students with 29 credits or under begin Tuesday, August 13-18, 2019.
Before coming to campus, look over the checklist below to make sure you’re prepared to arrive.
- Visit the Deposited Students website and complete the checklist.
- Visit the Housing Page for your Housing Preference Form and more information on moving to Asbury.
- There is a brief Family and Friends Orientation on August 13 and 14. More information to come soon.
- During Welcome Week all new students will take the Language Proficiency Exam. For more information on how to select which exam, or why, read about the Language Placement Exam.
- Dates for incoming freshmen (those with 29 or fewer credit hours) are Tuesday, August 13 through Sunday, August 18. A schedule of programming will be posted in early May. Incoming transfer students (those with 30 or more transferrable post-high school credit hours) are to arrive Thursday, August 15. View additional info and the tentative schedule for both programs. Finalized schedules will be available at Welcome Week registration.
- Prior to Welcome Week students have the option to attending Archways, a pre-orientation outdoor adventure leadership program.
- If you are a new student and participating in Asbury’s Soccer or Volleyball program, you will arrive on Tuesday, August 6th. You will receive some pre-orientation programming, but will still participate in a majority of the Welcome Week schedule beginning on Tuesday, August 13th. If you have any questions about this process, contact your athletic coach.
Our faculty, staff, and students are so excited to welcome you! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to meeting you soon in person!
Director of Student Engagement