Students must first apply to the sponsoring organization of their planned service program. This process needs to start early since these programs can fill up and usually have long lead times or an extensive application process.
*Special Note: The Asbury Initiative grants cannot be used to perform service in countries where the United States does not have a favorable relationship or where travel by U.S. citizens is not advised. Applicants and recipients affected by travel warnings or restricted travel should contact Ashley DeMichael (Ashley.email@example.com). See the U.S. State Department website for current information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html
Once a student is accepted into a program which meets the selection criteria, applicants should submit a proposal that follows the below seven guidelines.
- Cover sheet, including:
- Student’s name, major, academic classification
- Name of the organization to which student is applying
- Name of the country where the service project will take place
- Paragraph (no more than 100 words) describing the service project
- Name of a faculty recommender
- A brief statement (one page, double-spaced) exploring personal qualifications for undertaking this work and the relationship of the service project to future goals. Include a description of previous experience abroad (if any).
- A brief statement (one page, double-spaced) describing how the service project proposal will benefit the mission of the sponsoring organization
- A list of goals and the specific tasks student plans to employ to accomplish the goals
- A detailed budget proposal, using the Budget Worksheet
- A letter of support from the sponsoring organization
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member supporting the specific initiative
Application Deadline: February 6, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.*
*Application materials may be submitted in one of two ways:
- Either in one pdf document emailed to Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
- In print in one stapled packet to Catalyst II (main floor, Kinlaw Library). Please note if you wish to submit the materials in print, the Catalyst II Office closes at 5pm on weekdays.