Film I & II
Join industry professionals for this five-day intensive utilizing Asbury’s cutting-edge Media Communications facilities. Film I provides an introduction to the art and skill of filmmaking. Film II is a more advanced camp that builds on the basics, so previous experience in film is helpful.
Monday – Friday June 6 – 10th, 2016
Monday – Friday June 13 – 17th, 2016
Click here for the daily schedule.
The camp is $360 per person, and includes food, lodging, and all expenses.
What You Can Expect:
- Each student will work with professional film gear
- Each student will learn the essentials of filmmaking, e.g. writing, directing, and editing
- Each student will play a key role in the production of their short films
- Each student will be able to screen their films for friends and family at the end of camp. This will occur in Asbury's state of the art screening room
- Other industry professionals will be visiting or teleconferencing into the film camp
About Your Instructor:
Aaron Bohn received his Master of Arts in Digital Storytelling for film and television.
His films have been screened at a number of film festivals including the Phoenix Film Festival in Australia, KOKA Russion Comedy Film Festival, 21 Film Festival, and the Rhode Island Comic-Con Film Festival. One of his films was nominated for a Student Production Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (Ohio Valley Chapter) and he won best director and best short film at the Highbridge Film Festival as a graduate student at Asbury.