Film I & II Camps
Join industry professionals for this five-day intensive utilizing Asbury’s cutting-edge Media Communications facilities. Film I provides an introduction to the art and skill of filmmaking. Film II is a more advanced camp that builds on the basics, so previous experience in film is helpful.
This video, produced by the 2013 ImpactU Film I camp, won a Student Production Award through the Ohio Valley Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Monday – Friday June 8 – 12th, 2015 Camps
Monday – Friday June 15 – 19th, 2015 Camps
Click here for the daily schedule.
The camp is $360 per person, and includes food, lodging, and all expenses.
What You Can Expect:
- Each student will work with professional film gear
- Each student will learn the essentials of filmmaking, e.g. writing, directing, and editing
- Each student will play a key role in the production of their short films
- Each student will be able to screen their films for friends and family at the end of camp. This will occur in Asbury's state of the art screening room
- Other industry professionals will be visiting or teleconferencing into the film camp
About Your Instructor:
Jim Owens, has been involved in film and television for over three decades. He has directed and produced productions in the US as well as in Africa, France, Costa Rica, and Germany. Owens is the recipient of over 20 national and international awards as well as served as a judge for the Emmy Awards. He is the author of three books including Television Production and Video Production Handbook.
Jacob Klein, Jacob Klein posesses a unique blend of artistic, technical and interpersonal skills that have allowed him to excel in the entertainment industry. He has an MFA in film with a concentration in directing and screenwriting. He has produced music videos, commercials and award winning short films. His television clients have included Universal Music Group, Dupont, and Discovery Networks.