Earn a Scholarship!
Academy students who take 12 hours of dual enrollment credit and earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA in those classes are awarded a $1,500 Academy Scholars scholarship, equaling $6,000 over the course of their four-year degree.
Academy Class List
Important Academy Dates
Fall 2020 Semester
|May 1||Priority Registration Application Deadline|
|May 1||Class Registration Begins|
|July 1||Final Application Deadline|
|August 10, 2-4 p.m.||Orientation for On Campus Students|
|August 17||Classes begin|
Spring 2021 Semester
|November 1||Priority Registration Application Deadline|
|November 11||Class Registration Begins|
|December 1||Final Application Deadline|
|January 8, 2 p.m.||Orientation for all new On-Campus Students|
|January 11||Classes begin|
Asbury Academy is a dual enrollment program for high school juniors and seniors. This program provides opportunities for high school juniors and seniors to take general education requirements at the University level (100- and 200-level courses), enabling them to complete high school and earn University credit through dual enrollment.
Enrollment in the Academy allows high school seniors to take four (4) credit hours on campus during the fall and spring semesters (summer session not included) with no tuition charge. Seniors may also take additional classes (up to 15 credit hours) during each of these two semesters at a reduced tuition rate of $153 per credit hour (more than 80% discount off the regular traditional tuition rate). Juniors can also take classes on campus; the tuition fee is $153 per credit hour. The tuition-free class is reserved for high school seniors only. On campus Academy students can choose to register from over 80 classes.
Asbury Academy also offers courses online. These classes are offered in an intensive format – each course is only 8 weeks long, requiring a high level of academic discipline and motivation on the part of the student. Due to the concentrated nature of these classes, a student may only be enrolled in one course at a time. Asbury’s semesters are 16 weeks; a student interested in taking more than one online course may do so with consecutive classes.
Online courses cost $153 per credit hour (more than 80% discount off the regular tuition rate.)
Asbury Academy Admission Requirements
The following items are required for admission to the Asbury Academy. Applications and other required information should be submitted to the Asbury University Admissions Office.
- A completed Asbury Academy application
You will be required to provide contact information for an academic reference (not a family member) and a parent/guardian who can give permission for you to take part in Asbury Academy classes. Please be aware that email addresses are required for both, as the forms are online and will be emailed to the appropriate people once you have submitted the application.
Please Note: Students who complete the application process early are more likely to enroll in the class of their choice. If you wait to apply until the deadline, your course options will be very limited. Aim to apply by the date listed above that class registration begins for the semester you want to start studying at Asbury.
- An official high school transcript showing a weighted cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher for high school seniors and a 3.25 or higher for high school juniors.
- Official examination scores from the ACT or SAT are required for admittance to certain classes:
- ENG 110 College Writing II – ACT English 20, pre-2016 SAT 510 or 2016 SAT reading 28, or CLT 36 (VR+GW)
- ENG 151 Advanced College Writing – ACT English 26, pre-2016 SAT 660 or 2016 SAT reading 35, or CLT 40 (VR+GW)
- MAT 120 Viewing Life Mathematically – ACT Math 22, pre-2016 SAT 510 or 2016 SAT 540, or CLT 20 (QR)
- An Academic Recommendation letter from a non-relative, such as a high school counselor or other adult who can address your readiness for college level academics.
- Written permission from a parent or guardian to enroll in the program.
Academy Contact Information
For questions regarding the Academy application process, please contact Danielle Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 858-3511, x2179.