Make Asbury a part of your High School Journey!
Asbury Academy is a dual enrollment program for high school juniors and seniors. This program provides general education requirement opportunities at the University level (100- and 200-level courses), enabling students to simultaneously complete high school and earn University credit through dual enrollment.
Upcoming Important Academy Dates
Fall 2022 Semester
|May 1||Priority Registration Application Deadline|
|May 9||Class Registration Begins|
|June 1||Final Application Deadline|
|August 15||Orientation 2-4 p.m|
|August 22||First day of classes|
Enrollment in the Academy allows high school seniors who are homeschooled or live in Jessamine County to take three (3) credit hours on campus during the fall and spring semesters (summer session not included) with no tuition charge. If the course has a required lab, an extra credit will be given to cover tuition for the lab as well. Seniors may also take additional classes (up to 15 credit hours) during each of these two semesters at a reduced tuition rate of $91* per credit hour. Juniors can also take classes on campus; the tuition fee is $91* per credit hour. On-campus Academy students can choose to register from over 80 classes.
Asbury Academy also offers courses online. These classes are offered in an intensive format – each course is only 8 weeks long, requiring a high level of academic discipline and motivation on the part of the student. Due to the concentrated nature of these classes, a student may only be enrolled in one course at a time. Asbury’s semesters are 16 weeks; a student interested in taking more than one online course may do so with consecutive classes.
Online courses cost $91* per credit hour. The Senior waiver is for on-campus classes only and cannot be used for online classes.
*Dual credit tuition rate is set by the state and is subject to change at any time.
Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship Program
Asbury University participates in the Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship Program. High School Juniors and Seniors living in Kentucky may use this scholarship for on-campus and online classes. For more information regarding this scholarship please visit the following link: https://www.kheaa.com/website/kheaa/dual_credit?main=1
Asbury Academy Admission Requirements
The following items are required for admission to the Asbury Academy. Applications and other required information should be submitted to the Asbury University Admissions Office.
- A completed Asbury Academy application
You will be required to provide contact information for an academic reference (not a family member) and a parent/guardian who can give permission for you to take part in Asbury Academy classes. Please be aware that email addresses are required for both, as the forms are online and will be emailed to the appropriate people once you have submitted the application.
Please Note: Students who complete the application process early are more likely to enroll in the class of their choice. If you wait to apply until the deadline, your course options will be very limited. Aim to apply by the date listed above that class registration begins for the semester you want to start studying at Asbury.
- An official high school transcript showing a weighted cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher for high school seniors and a 3.25 or higher for high school juniors.
- Homeschool transcripts may be emailed and are considered official.
- Unofficial transcripts may be used to admit students. However, the Registrar’s office will not schedule students until we have an official transcript on file.
- High School GPA is used for Math and English class placements:
- ENG 110 College Writing II – High School GPA of 3.26-3.99
- ENG 151 Advanced College Writing – High School GPA of 4.0 or higher
- MAT 120 Viewing Life Mathematically – High School GPA of 3.1 or higher
- An Academic Recommendation letter from a non-relative, such as a high school counselor or other adult who can address your readiness for college level academics.
- Written permission from a parent or guardian to enroll in the program.
Academy Contact Information
For questions regarding the Academy application process, please contact our Academy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 858-5000.