Windgate Art & Design Scholarship
Asbury University Art Department is proud to announce a scholarship designed to support talented Art students to achieve their highest potential in Studio Art (painting, sculpture, photography, etc.), Graphic Design, Art History, Pre-Art Therapy and Art Education.
Windgate Scholars will be selected from among applicants to receive at least $4,000 to cover tuition. Scholarships are for new students – both freshmen and transfers – and are annually renewable. They are merit-based rather than need-based, and can be added (“stacked”) on top of other financial aid packages, up to 100% tuition.
Candidates must declare a Major in Art, Art P–12, or Pre-Art Therapy, and carry a minimum test score of 24 ACT/1110 SAT and a 3.0 GPA or higher. Candidates with higher academic qualifications and evidence of promise in art or related areas will be given priority.
(*provided expectations are met.)
Expectations of Windgate Scholars
- Windgate Art & Design Scholars will be expected to participate in the art department and serve in various leadership roles during their four years, as directed by department faculty
- Maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Maintain an Art, Art P–12 or Pre-Art Therapy major
- Maintain good standing at Asbury University
Scholarship Application Process
Complete the scholarship application by March 10, 2019.
On the online application you will be expected to:
- Write at least one paragraph describing how art is shaping your worldview.
- Within the application form, upload the following based on your potential or current interests:
- Studio Emphasis: 3-5 images of your best artwork (.pdf or .jpeg)
- Art History Emphasis: 1-2 scholarly writing samples (.pdf or.docx)
- Potential interview if requested.
For more information contact:
Fine Arts Office at (859) 858-3511 x2250 or email@example.com
Admissions Office at (859) 858-3511 x2412 or firstname.lastname@example.org