The staff employee of the quarter program is designed to promote and reward outstanding performance by staff at Asbury University. Such individuals stand out not only for the successful execution of their work assignments but also because of their dedication, creativity, and actions toward improving the work environment. They also enhance the welfare and spiritual vitality of students and fellow employees and faculty.
- Exhibits commitment to serve students, the general public, and university colleagues
- Sustains high level of productivity and consistent quality of work
- Demonstrates high degree of initiative in the performance of responsibilities
- Displays exceptional dependability
- Maintains effective relationships with others
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Demonstrates servant attitude and strong commitment to spiritual leadership and testimony by action and word
- Continuously employed at Asbury for at least 1 year.
- Must be a part time or full-time support, service, or professional staff employee.
- If awarded, employee is ineligible for 12 months from award.
EOQ Nomination Form
- Nominations for the award can be made by any member of the campus
community (i.e., co-workers, supervisors, faculty, etc.)
- Nominations must include components of the selection criteria. Nominees need
not meet all criteria, but decisions will be heavily weighted on service and
spiritual guidance criteria.
- Please explain your reasons for recommending the nominee(s) and describe:
- Specific examples of service, productivity, quality of work, and
- Information related to personal qualities such as dependability, spiritual
leadership, relationship with others.
- Human Resources will assist in confirming eligibility and ensuring that each
employee nominated is in good standing with no disciplinary actions.
- Self-nominations are not acceptable and are inconsistent with the spirit of the
Employee of the Quarter program
- A $100 award (subject to applicable taxes)
- A $50 Eagle Outlet certificate
- An Employee of the Quarter designated parking spot for the quarter (Hager, Facilities, Kinlaw/Corbitt)
- A certificate of recognition
- Recognition at Employee Christmas Event
- Deadline for the nominations: February 1, May 1, August 1, November 1.
- Employee of the Quarter announced in: March, June, September, December.
- Nominations will be sent to Human Resources either by sealed envelope or email submission.
- Employee of the Year will be selected from the four Employee of the Quarter finalists. Award for EOY will be $250.