|Important Academy Dates
|Fall Semester of 2013|
Application Deadline - August 13
Class Registration - April 3
Orientation - August 14
Classes begin - August 19
|Spring Semester of 2014
Application Deadline - January 7
Class Registration - November 11
Orientation - Individual Appointment
Classes begin - January 13
Asbury Academy is an “Early Access to University” program for high school seniors. This program provides opportunities for high school seniors to take general education requirements at the University level (100- and 200-level courses), enabling them to complete their senior year of high school and earn University credit through dual enrollment.
Enrollment in the Academy allows high school seniors to take four (4) credit hours on campus during the fall and spring semesters (summer session not included) with no tuition charge. Asbury Academy students may also take additional classes (up to 15 credit hours) during each of these two semesters at a reduced tuition rate of $420 per credit hour (half our traditional tuition rate). On campus Academy students can choose to register from over 80 classes.
Asbury Academy also offers courses online. These classes are offered in an intensive format – each course is only 8 weeks long, requiring a high level of academic discipline and motivation on the part of the student. Due to the concentrated nature of these classes, a student may only be enrolled in one course at a time. Asbury's semesters are 16 weeks; a student interested in taking more than one online course may do so with consecutive classes.
Students may take one online courses each semester at $125 per credit hour (an 80% discount off the regular tuition rate.) The online courses are 3 credit hours each. Additional online courses in the same semester are offered at 50% off the regular tuition rate.
The following online courses are available for Spring 2014:
- ART 100 OA Art Appreciation
- COM 150 OA Introduction to Communication
- ENG 110 OA Exposition and Research
- HIS 102 OF Western Civilization II
- OT 100 OF Understanding the Old Testament
- PHL 200 OF Introduction to Philosophy
Asbury Academy Admission Requirements:
The following items are required for admission to the Asbury Academy. Applications and other required information should be submitted to the Asbury University Admissions Office.
1. A completed Asbury Academy application
Please Note: Students who complete the application process early are more likely to enroll in the class of their choice.
2. An official high school transcript showing a weighted cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher
- Students admitted to the Academy program during their junior year will need to submit a transcript prior to orientation showing final grades from their junior year.
3. Official examination scores from the ACT or SAT may be required for admittance to certain classes:
- ENG 100 Introduction to Composition - ACT English 17 / SAT Critical Reading 340
- ENG 110 Exposition and Research - ACT English 22 / SAT Critical Reading 510
- ENG 151 Advanced Exposition and Research - ACT English 27 / SAT Critical Reading 660
- MAT 120 Concepts of Mathematics and Technology - ACT Math 22 / SAT Math 510
- MAT 131 Finite Mathematics for Business - ACT Math 22 / SAT 510
- MAT 152 Discrete Mathematics - ACT Math 22 / SAT 510
4. Recommendation from a high school counselor for public or private school students, or from an adult who can speak to your character (i.e. church leader, employer, etc.) for home schooled students
5. Permission from a parent to enroll in the program
Academy Contact Information
For questions regarding the Academy application process, please contact Kim Okesson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 858-3511, ext. 2506.