Kresge Residence Hall
Kresge Hall is largely a suite-style residence hall and community located on the Aldersgate Green. Each hall is built around common areas furnished with couches and tables, for studying or downtime, and a kitchenette. The four- to five-person suites located around these common areas have individual bathrooms with multiple sinks. There is also a lower hall in a traditional style with a shared bathoom. Each room is complete with air conditioning/heating, wireless internet, cable TV capability, wood furniture, and carpeted floors.
There is an RA and SLA designated to each hall. Through the combined efforts of these two roles, students are provided with rich opportunities to grow in every aspect of life. Activities range from wonderful small group times (we call these meetings Gather), to fourth meal runs at Taco Bell!
While there is a lot to do on the individual halls between movie nights, breakfasts at midnight, Gathers, and other hall events, there are also a lot of all-dorm events to get involved in:
- Kresge Kandyland! (Basically, we dress up the dorm and invite the community kids as well as campus to come and trick-or-treat in style…)
- All-dorm worship nights
- Campus-wide Easter egg hunt
More than anything, Kresge is simply a safe place to grow and develop into the women that God is calling us to be. It is a place that is not perfect but is collectively striving to understand grace, love, and community like they are meant to be known.
Below is a list of some of the specific information you may need when planning what to bring:
- Rooms: 11’ x 17’
- Closets (2 per room): 3’9” x 20” with 2 shelves
- Windows: 5’ x 3’
- Standard furniture:
- Beds – 1 per resident, loftable; 80” mattresses
- Desks – 1 per resident, 42” x 34” desk extender attached, 3 drawers with a keyboard stowaway drawer and a desk chair
- Dressers – 1 per resident, 3 drawers each; 38” x 24”
- Carpet color:
- Blue tweed