Glide-Crawford Residence Hall
Glide-Crawford is a traditional residence hall and has awesome community. It has a “classic” feel – being a large brick building with white columns on the front porch, a grand staircase, golden chandeliers in the entrance, a grand piano in the formal sitting area (that we affectionately call the Parlor), and even an outdoor courtyard – bringing some nature in to our living area. We are at the center of it all on campus, being a part of the semi-circle, and a short walk from the cafeteria and classroom buildings. Glide-Crawford was built in 1924 but had its most recent refurbishing in the summer of 2008. Like many other traditional halls, it has wide hallways, community bathrooms, and common living areas – two kitchens, two lobbies, and a gym. The rooms include air conditioning, internet, cable TV, wood furniture and carpeting.
Click here for a look inside the building.
Below is a list of some of the specific information you may need when planning what to bring and what to buy to live in a room in Glide-Crawford:
- Rooms: 11′ wide, 13′ deep, and 9′ high
- Closets (2 per room): 2’7” wide, 8′ high, and 3′ deep
- Windows (2 per room for upper floors; Lower Glide rooms are more individual): 5’6″ x 3’7″
- Standard Furniture:
- Beds – 1 per resident, loftable; 80″ mattresses
- Desks – 1 per resident, 3’8” wide, 2′ deep, and 4’5” (including shelf above) and built-in desk light, desk chair
- Dressers – 1 per resident, 5 drawers each; 2’6” wide, 2′ deep, and 4′ high