Howard Dayton School of Business
Schools of Asbury
We expect our students to graduate with a deep faith and excellent work skills that are integrated and holistic. Our curriculum is based on the over 3,000 verses in scripture that inform us about God’s view of wealth and how to handle our business and finances. To that end, our courses are focused on a “triple bottom line” – profit, people, and purpose. Business has both the power to corrupt the rich or to bless the poor. It takes men and women of integrity who are completely surrendered to God’s purpose to bring out the best for the world.
The Howard Dayton School of Business offers many opportunities:
- For non-business students we offer survey courses in economics and personal finance that will prepare you to make informed life choices about money and possessions after graduation.
- The business minor is designed to complement studies in other academic areas such as media communications and equine management.
- Business Majors are encouraged to build areas of interest on a solid foundation in business fundamentals that will “personalize” their resume. Professional degrees in accounting, business management and economics are available to students as majors or minors.
- The sports management major is for students interested in the business of sports. This multi-billion dollar, global industry offers exciting career opportunities in sports analytics, team and network management, and professional agency representation.
- Through business mentor and internship programs we connect students to the world of business – creating opportunities for jobs and careers. Our seminar programs equip students with practical skills like selling, employee supervision, running an effective meeting, and project management. We regularly compete in business case competitions and business entrepreneurship competitions.