Study Abroad Scholarship Information
There are various scholarships that are available to students for Study Abroad. Often, scholarships are primarily awarded to specific languages of study, destination countries, individuals with particular interests, or individuals that represent a unique demographic. Below, there is a list of resources and scholarships as well as a brief introduction to what type of resource or scholarship it is and for whom it is generally intended. There are many more scholarships than the ones listed here; it is suggested that you do research for more scholarships. To aid your research, there is also a list of search engines and other scholarship resources you can use to find scholarships. If you have questions, please contact Ashley DeMichael.
Lendedu is a resource that lists different study abroad scholarships and search engines that lead to that are both general as well as country specific. National, international, language focused, non-language, summer long, semester long, and/or almost any other study abroad scholarships are listed. Though there are scholarships available to all countries and majors, in particular, there are scholarships that would support our students that study abroad in Australia, Oxford, Ireland, and Japan.
Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
The Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship is for undergraduate students who are studying at a University or college and are receiving a Federal Pell Grant. The Gilman scholarship is meant for students who would normally not have the opportunity to study abroad because of financial restrictions.
Boren Awards for International Study
Boren Scholarships provide funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, as well as places that are underrepresented in study abroad programs. These world regions include Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Western European countries are excluded.
Search Engines and Other Scholarship Resources
Study Abroad Scholarship Resources:
- Freeman Asian Scholarships: https://www.iie.org/freeman-asia
- Fund for Education Abroad: http://fundforeducationabroad.org/
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi: https://www.phikappaphi.org/
Scholarship Search Engines:
- CareerOneStop Scholarship Search Engine: https://www.careeronestop.org/Toolkit/Training/find-scholarships.aspx
- College Board: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
- Fastweb: https://www.fastweb.com/
- FinAid – SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid: http://www.finaid.org/students/
- Scholarship 4 Development: www.scholars4dev.com/
- IEFA – International Education Financial Aid: www.iefa.org
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding: https://iiepassport.org/
- International Scholarships: www.internationalscholarships.com/
- Niche College: https://www.niche.com/colleges/scholarships/
- Scholarships.com: www.scholarships.com/
- Student Scholarships: www.studentscholarships.org/
- Scholarship Experts: www.scholarshipexperts.com