Phi Chi Chapter of Phi Alpha Honor Society
The Phi Alpha Honor Society is a national honor society for social work that promotes high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
Asbury University social work majors who a) have been admitted to the social work program and b) have a GPA in the top 35% of our social work students are encouraged to participate in Phi Chi, our local chapter.
Recent community service events include collaborations with: Angel Tree, Revive Life House, Rose Terrace, and Wesley Village.
The advantages of joining Phi Alpha include:
- Becoming a member of a national honor society that supports high standards in social work education and values community service
- Contributing in scholarly activities, community service and social action events
- Working together with student colleagues and professors on social issues and fostering a scholarly environment
- Identifying in curriculum vitae as a Phi Alpha Honor Society member
- Ensuring acknowledgement of academic excellence
- Opening doors for professional success
- Receiving a “medallion” at the induction ceremony and the blue and gold cords of Phi Alpha to wear during the graduation ceremony