The Mission Farm Project is a self-sustaining farm used to train students for agriculture in a mission setting. Learn basic skills to plan, establish, maintain, harvest and use a crop. Explore how to adapt to other cultures and utilize local resources in the mission field.
- Knowledge about soils, water use, planting, sowing, and harvesting crops
- Food preparation
- How food relates to people of other cultures
- How local foods improve our diet
- Construction of various buildings
- Animal Husbandry
- Team Work
- How to use food to show love to others
- Instructors from four departments and two universities
- Guest speakers from agricultural missions worldwide
- Experts in various fields advise
- Field trips to agricultural sites
- Students from 17 different majors
Contact Dr. Ray Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.