Online Elementary Education
Imagine a career that shapes the future and impacts young lives every day. Becoming an Elementary Education teacher through Asbury’s flexible, fully online program allows you to step into the classroom prepared for the future and ready to lead the next generation of learners.
This Bachelor of Science degree program with classes in 8-week blocks is ideally suited for anyone from recent high school graduates to full-time working adults caring for families, and managing other responsibilities, while also going to school. Wherever you are, you can continue working while preparing to become a teacher.*
Asbury is known for educating award-winning teachers, principals and superintendents and has a longstanding reputation in Kentucky as one of the premier education schools. Choose the university that Kentucky school leaders want and that all students deserve.
The Education program at Asbury prepared me so well for this position. I feel highly qualified to teach and the transition from graduation to teaching went very easily. Dr. Riel and Dr. Crook had a huge impact on my career. They believed in me and prepared me so well.
Maddye Hahn ’17
Submit your free application for admission online and our enrollment team will contact you immediately to help build your Elementary Education degree plan.
Visit the Online Programs admissions page for more information regarding the admissions process.
- Program Delivery Format: Online*
- Credit Hours: 124 total hours (up to 75 may be transferred hours)
- Potential Career Fields: Elementary Educator (P-5)
- 2022-23 Tuition Rate: $399 per credit hour (Scholarships and Financial Aid Available)
- Department Webpage: School of Education
- Curriculum: Program Requirements
Sample Course Plan
- EDA 200 Introduction to Education (2 credits)
- EDA 201 Clinical Field Experience Seminar I (1 credit)
- EDA 220 Technology for Education (2 credits)
- EDA 230 Human Growth and Development (2 credits)
- MTA201 Elementary Math I (2 credits)
- ENA 200 Facilitating EL Student Success (3 credits)
- EDA 274 Social Studies and Science Content (3 credits)
- MTA202 Elementary Math II (3 credits)
- ENA 240 Grammar and Composition (3 credits)
- ENA 360 Children’s Literature (3 credits)
- MTA203 Elementary Math III (3 credits)
- EDA 301 Clinical Field Experience Seminar II (1 credit)
- EDA 320 Exceptional Learner (3 credits)
- EDA 341 Language Arts Methods (2 credits)
- EDA 342 Teaching of Reading (2 credits)
- EDA 360 Social Studies Methods (2 credits)
- EDA 380 Science/Math Methods (3 credits)
- EDA 401 Clinical Field Experience Seminar III (1 credit)
- EDA 405 Learning Theories/Performance Assess. (3 credits)
- EDA 410 Classroom Management (2 credits)
- EDA 350 Literacy Assessment (3 credits)
- EDA 276 Arts/Humanities (3 credits)
- EDA 428 Intervention for Differentiation (3 credits)
- EDA 999 Student Teaching (12 credits)