The Asbury Student Congress is broken into four branches: Student Governance, Student Activities, Student Intercutlrual Programs, and Spiritual Life. Opportunities for over 100 students exist through all three of these branches and their committees, as well as through the class government system which also falls under the ASC.
Branch Secretary – Each branch has a secretary which reports to the respective vice president. This person is responsible for keeping minutes of branch meetings and helping with correspondence and proposals relating to his particular branch of ASC.
Committee Chairs – Each branch of ASC operates through the work of specific committees. Student Chairs are appointed by the vice president to lead each of those committees. Students interested in serving on any particular committee should contact the committee chair or respective vice president. Committees consist of:
- Governance – Elections, Parking & Safety, Issues & Awareness, Food Services, Academic & Institutional Issues, Campus Spaces
- Student Activities – Committee on a Whim, Concerts, Movies, Screamin’ Eagles, Special Events
- Spiritual Life – Discipleship (WORD), Asbury Worship Night, WHATT (Worship Him All the Time) & Prayer, WHIM (Worship Him in the Moment), Student Chapel
- Intercultural Student Programs – Advocacy and Comprehension, Equity in Worship, Cultural Celebrations
Executive Cabinet Positions
- Student Body President – scholarship position
Chairs Executive Committee of ASC. Co-Chairs meetings with the ASC Advisor. Responsible for representing needs and concerns of the student body to the faculty and administration.
- Vice President for Governance – scholarship position
Chairs the Student Governance branch of ASC. Responsible for directing and motivating committee chairs in this branch, focusing on areas such as academics, parking safety, intercultural relations and various issues related to student body. Presents proposals and recommendations from Governance to the entire ASC.
- Vice President for Student Activities – scholarship position
Chairs the Student Activities Board (SAB) of ASC. SAB has primary responsibility for campus activities and events. VP is responsible for directing and motivating committee chairs in this branch and presenting proposals and recommendations from SAB to the entire ASC.
- Vice President for Spiritual Life – scholarship position
VP for Spiritual Life is an appointed position. Chairs the Spiritual Life Board and is the primary student responsible for being proactive in helping branch committees provide programming to encourage spiritual growth. Presents recommendations and proposals to entire ASC.
- Executive Treasurer – scholarship position
Member of Executive Committee. Provides accounting information on all ASC budgets. Writes check requests and advance requests for branches. Serves as a resource person for class and organization treasurers.
- Executive Secretary – scholarship position
Member of Executive Committee. Works closely with the Student Body President on drafts of correspondence and proposals. Keeps minutes for Executive Committee and ASC meetings. Serves as a resource person for other organization secretaries.
- Executive Publicist – scholarship position
Coordinates publicity for campus events, works with classes and organizations on layout for flyers, CPO notes, etc. Chairs Public Relations Committee.
- Vice-President of Intercultural Student Programs – scholarship position
Oversees committees that promote the education, celebration, and ministry potential of diverse populations through various programs and seminars, often in conjunction with other ASC branches and the office of Intercultural Affairs.
View the current Executive Cabinet
Class Cabinet Positions
- Class President – Leads class cabinet meetings; responsible for direction of cabinet and class. Sits on governance branch of ASC.
- Class Vice President – Presiding officer in president’s absence. Primarily responsible for class social activities. Member of Student Activities Board.
- Class Secretary – Keeps minutes of class cabinet meetings and helps with class functions as needed.
- Class Treasurer – Keeps accurate records of class funds and helps with class functions as needed.
- Class Chaplains (2 positions) – Male and female positions available. Responsible for spiritual direction of the class including planning class prayer meetings. Sit on Spiritual Life Board.
- Class ASC Representatives (2 positions) – Male and female positions available. Represent class on ASC and help with class functions as needed.
- Class Activities Directors (2 positions) – Male and female positions available. Serve on Student Activities Board of ASC. Help plan and carry out activities.
- Class Publicist – Responsible for publicity for class functions. Helps with class functions as needed.
- Class Historian – Responsible for keeping records of class functions and activities (i.e., photographs, video, etc.)
- Freshman Class Sponsors (2 positions, Senior Class office only) – (scholarship position) – Male and female positions available. Responsible for helping plan events within Welcome Week and act as class officers for freshman class until cabinet is chosen.