- Seven weeks in Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, immersed in language and culture study
- One week in Qinghai, NW China, service learning, and visiting orphanages and minority groups
- One week in Thailand for a brief excursion to explore Southeast Asia
- Four weeks in Beijing, Capital of China for a continued language, culture and historical study of China
- One week in Southern China & Hong Kong exploring southern provinces before departing for the US
Provided at the same tuition, room and board rate as a typical semester on Asbury’s campus.
Additional costs paid by the student include: travel expenses to and from China, personal expenditures, some meals, passport/visa fees, etc.
- February 23, 2018 – Applications Due
- March 12, 2018 – Notification of Acceptance
- March 26, 2018 – Housing Deposit Due
- August 20, 2018 – First Day of Classes in China*
- November 13, 2018 – Last Day of Classes in China*
*Subject to change
Program Details — Earn up to 16 hours of credit
You don’t have to be a student at Asbury to participate. Typical credit-transfer rules apply.
Core Courses (3 credits each)
- CSA 301 Christianity and Chinese Culture
- CSA 302 Area Study: China
- CSA 304 Dynamics of Cross-Cultural Ministry*
*For AU students, this can be used to substitute for your CCE 073 assignment requirements.
Language Study Courses (3 credits each)
- CHN 101 Elementary Chinese I
- CHN 102 Elementary Chinese II
- CHN 201 Intermediate Chinese
Advance level courses upon request.
Additional Course Options:
- PE 122 Fitness Walking (1 credit hr)
- Directed/Independent Study (departmental approval only)