Are you considering a career in:
- Assisting others in making positive life-long leisure choices?
- Designing and/or leading leisure programs?
- Working at day and/or residential camps?
- Supervising recreation program areas and/or facilities (public, private, faith-based)?
- Working as a park ranger or other staff member in a natural resource venue?
If you answered affirmatively to any of these questions then Recreation might be your choice regarding a major or a minor at Asbury. You can find our graduates working as public park directors and program supervisors, university aquatic directors and facility managers, National and State Park Rangers, and recreational instructors for exceptional learners.
Many of our current students seek summer employment as day camp or residential camp counselors, program leaders (aquatics, adventure trip guides, ropes course facilitators, sports skills camps, etc.).
The good news: future career opportunities in recreation appear strong. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 edition), the fulltime job market outlook is expected to grow “faster than average” (15%) and part-time, seasonal, and temporary positions outlook is “good.”
Come for a visit, meet our faculty, and current students, see our facilities, while capturing a glimpse of how Asbury University and the pursuit of a Recreation major or minor could fit into the future plans God might have in mind for you!