KYMAA 2020 Conference
What do I need to know for the KYMAA conference?
To register for the KYMAA 2020 conference, visit this link: http://sections.maa.org/kentucky/meetings/kymaaAnnual2020/indexAnnual2020.shtml
Guests may park in both of the lots marked (4) on the map.
Registration is located on the first level of the Miller Center for Communication Arts, marked (1) on the campus map.
Presentations will take place on the third floor of the Miller Center for Communication Arts:
Check back here for the schedule closer to the day of the event.
- Registration will take place on the bottom floor of the Miller Center for Communication Arts, marked (1) on the map. Enter the building from the parking lot to the left of the building on the map. If you enter from the sidewalk which is to the right of the building on the map, please go down the stairs when you walk in.
- Invited addresses will take place in the Jameson Recital Hall, marked (2) on the map.
- All meals will take place in the Gray Room of the cafeteria in the Johnson Building, marked (3) on the map. The Gray Room is located behind the partitions on the right of the cafeteria on the first floor of the Johnson Building.
- The Friday evening Paper Airplane Competition will take place after the banquet in the Luce Physical Activities Center, marked (5) on the map.
- Soma Puzzle Building will take place on Saturday from 12:30pm to 2:30pm in the Student Center, marked (6) on the map.
Check back here for abstracts closer to the day of the event.
WiFi log-in information is located in the information packet you receive at registration upon your arrival to KYMAA.
- Select AU Wireless from the list of available networks.
- Enter the password.
- Launch your internet browser.
You should be prompted to log in using your Asbury University Guest Login & Password when navigating to your homepage. If not, you may navigate to http://login.asbury.edu to force the page to appear.
Coffee and snacks are located on the first level of the Miller building, near the back entrance which you entered for registration. The HICCUP Café in the Student Center, marked (6) on the map, is also open for business.
We have a block of rooms reserved at the Asbury Inn, which is within walking distance (.5 mile) of the conference meeting rooms. Mention that you are with KYMAA when you reserve a room.
There are also many other places to stay in the area.
Things to do in Wilmore:
- Drinklings Coffee and Mugs (7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Main St.)
- Solomon’s Porch Café and Catering (7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Main St.)
- Subway (8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Main St.)
- Great Wall Restaurant (11 a.m. - 10 p.m., Main St.)
- Dean’s Diner (11 a.m. - 10 p.m., Main St.)
- The Olive Branch Boutique (10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Main St.)
- High Bridge Historic Park (4.8 mi away)
- Asbury Trails (hiking from 8 a.m. - sunset, 1.9 mi away)
Things to do in Nicholasville:
Things to do in Lexington:
- The Local Taco (16 mi away)
- Goodfellas Pizzeria (17 mi away)
- The Summit at Fritz Farm (outdoor dining and shopping, 13 mi away)
- North Lime Coffee & Donuts (13 mi away)
- Plenty of coffee shops, bars, and local dining in Lexington. For a list of all their restaurants, go to https://www.visitlex.com/restaurants/local-favorites/.