Online Social Work Program
- Program Delivery Format: Online
- Credit Hours: 124 total hours (up to 75 may be transferred in)
- Potential Career Fields: Child, Family, School, Community, and Mental Health Social Worker, Substance Abuse Counselor, Rehabilitation Case Manager, Human Services Specialist.
- 2018-19 Tuition Rate: $399 per credit hour (Scholarships and Financial Aid Available)
- Department Webpage: Social Work
- Curriculum: Program Requirements
Online Program Admissions Requirements
- Application form (no application fee)
- Two satisfactory references from anyone other than a family member. When completing the online application, students will list contact information for these references and a form will be sent automatically to those listed on the application.
- Provide official copies of transcripts for ALL previously attended colleges and universities. If you have never attended college, please provide an official copy of your high school transcript or GED. We will gladly assist you in ordering official transcripts and we will pay for the transcript orders.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid online and add Asbury University’s school code, 001952.
Visit the Adult Professional Studies admissions page for more information regarding the admissions process.
[ALL TRANSCRIPTS, whether high school or University, must be sent directly from that institution to the Admissions Office of Asbury University. Hand-carried transcripts may be used for evaluation only. Hand-carried transcripts are NOT acceptable as final, official transcripts.]
Please visit the Social Work webpage for more specific information regarding academic and program requirements.
Asbury University’s residential Bachelor of Social Work program and Master of Social Work program are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation. The University is in the process of securing accreditation for the online Bachelor of Social Work program.
Accreditation of a baccalaureate or master’s social work program by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of program quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited program has sufficient resources to meet its mission and goals and the Commission on Accreditation has verified that it demonstrates compliance with all sections of the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
Accreditation applies to all program sites and program delivery methods of an accredited program. Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.
For more information about social work accreditation, you may contact http://www.cswe.org/Accreditation/Information.aspx