Community Partnerships with Asbury Outreach Coalition
For more information, contact Asbury Outreach Coalition
Lexington Sport Outreach
Share the love of Christ in downtown Lexington as you play sports and interact with youth. Asbury students serve weekly, Sundays at 4 p.m.
- Participate in weekly devotionals with kids from the local neighborhood
- Play sports
- Interact with the kids
- Change a life
Read more about the Lexington Sports Outreach, started by Asbury students.
4Kids Mentoring Program
Mentor and lead students in this social and emotional learning program for sixth graders at West Jessamine Middle School. Topics include depression, anxiety, and bullying. Your commitment:
- Mentor a small groups of kids, 1-3 days a week from 8:30-9:30 am
- Engage and love on kids, while helping them understand their emotional needs
- Sub-mentor positions are also available if a weekly commitment cannot be made
Read more about the 4Kids Mentoring Program
Love to work outside? Want to serve people on the margins in Appalachia? Support Adventure Serve Ministries by volunteering. Examples of service include:
- Invest in a local community organization with flexible hours and varying skill sets
- Assist with camp landscaping, gear maintenance, cleaning, painting, light construction projects
- Guide youth in after school Adventure Club in Wilmore (seasonal)
- Group and individual opportunities available
Read more about Adventure Serve.
Wilmore Elementary School Lunch Buddies Program
Be a caring and consistent adult in the life of an elementary school student by joining them for lunch one day a week.
- Participate in constructive conversations with a child by listening well and asking good questions
- Commitment is only 30 minutes one day a week
- Time and day of the week varies for each mentor depending on the student’s lunch schedule
Church Under the Bridge
Sharing the hope and love of Christ with the homeless and marginally housed in inner-city Lexington. Examples of service include:
- Attend and participate in weekly worship services
- Help serve a hot meal and assist behind the scenes where necessary
- Build relationships through sharing Christ’s message of hope
Read more about Church Under the Bridge.
Refuge for Women
Serving at a facility that provides a place of escape for sexually exploited women in Kentucky. Examples of service include:
- Monthly visits to the shelter
- Sharing the gospel with women while building relationships
- Assisting the organization in serving dinner or hosting activities
Read more about Refuge for Women.
Community Service Center of Wilmore/High Bridge
Serve and meet the needs of the community of Wilmore and High Bridge through thrift store and food pantry ministries. Examples of service include:
- Volunteer in the thrift store
- Help Wilmore and High Bridge residents while they take part in the food pantry
- Share Christ’s message of hope
Read more about the Community Service Center of Wilmore/High Bridge.
Need Volunteers? We would love the opportunity to serve you as part of our community. To request volunteers please email email@example.com to discuss how we can partner with you.