Service & Missions
Asbury is committed to ‘equipping men and women… [for] service to the professions, society, the family and Church.” Our desire to cultivate a servant’s heart is very visible in servant leadership. While academic preparation challenges students to understand their vocation as a means to serve, Spiritual Life strives to help students show acts of mercy as a way of presenting the love of Christ in our broken world. “Glocal” is our approach – serving the community, neighboring cities, our country and the world. Below you will find five organizations who serve campus to provide students with amazing opportunities to serve both domestically and internationally. Below you will find:
Opportunities GLO-cal through five organizations taking amazing student teams to serve both domestically and internationally. From Jesus’ words in Luke 22 that He was among us ‘as One who serves’, we offer all these opportunities so our students can participate in the missio dei – the mission of God in the world.
g-LOCAL Opportunities through Asbury Outreach Coalition (AOC):
- Lexington Sports Outreach: Play sports and share Jesus in Lexington’s low-income neighborhoods.
- 4Kids Mentoring Program: Mentor a middle school child weekly in the local school.
- Adventure Serve: Serve families in need through yard and home renovations.
- Church Under the Bridge: Share the hope and love of Christ with the homeless and marginally housed in inner-city Lexington.
- Wilmore Service Center: Reach the people of Wilmore and High Bridge with thrift store and food bank ministries.
- Refuge for Women: Serve at a facility that provides a place of escape for sexually exploited women in Kentucky.