Chapel Semester Schedule
- For Residential Students: Mondays, 9 p.m., every floor of every residence hall
- For Commuters: Tuesdays, 11 a.m., Student Center Conference Room
Banded Discipleship Groups
- Gender-specific friend groups committed to meeting weekly around Scripture, prayer and accountability questions.
- Times and locations determined by each Group.
Freshman Small Groups
- Led by upper-classmen devoted to doing life together by engaging Scripture, prayer and intentional community.
- Times and locations determined by each Group.
- Fresh exploration of the basics of Christian faith – snacks, film, discussion, all questions embraced.
- Wednesdays, 6:30 – 8 p.m. @ OMS Building, Launch Night – January 22
Spring 2020 Chapel Schedule
See our Elective Chapel Options.
|M/13||Dr. Kevin J. Brown, President, Asbury University|
|W/15||Dr. Chris Bounds ’88, Professor of Theology/Chair of the Department of Christian Studies and Philosophy|
|F/17||Rev. Richard Gaines – Senior Pastor, Consolidated Baptist Church (Lexington, Ky.)|
|M/20||No Chapel – Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|W/22||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Chapel – Rev. Shea Brown, Fayette Co. Deputy Clerk, Bishop of Pleasant Valley Baptist Church|
|F/24||Acts of Renewal, Christian Theatre|
|M/27||Holiness Emphasis Week – Rev. Carolyn Moore, Lead Pastor, Mosaic United Methodist Church (Evans, Ga.)|
|W/29||Holiness Emphasis Week – Rev. Carolyn Moore|
|F/31||Holiness Emphasis Week – Rev. Carolyn Moore|
|M/3||50th Anniversary of 1970 Revival: “When God Comes: Stories of Lives Transformed” – Hon. Timothy Philpot ‘73, Retired Judge; and Ms. Jeannine Brabon ‘71, Missionary to Medellin, Colombia|
|F/7||Dr. Timothy Wooster, Provost, Asbury University|
|M/10||Encounter Series: “Discernment of the Holy Spirit’s Work” – Dr. Brian Hull, Associate Professor of Youth Ministry, Asbury University|
|W/12||Student Stories: Black History Month|
|F/14||Rev. Donna T. Covington, Vice President of Formation, Asbury Theological Seminary|
|M/17||Encounter Series: “The Holy Spirit & Creativity” – Prof. Chris Segre-Lewis ’98, Assoc. Professor of Painting, Drawing, and Design, Asbury University|
|W/19||Compassion Chapel: Keewani Vallejo-Cook, Physical Therapist, Dallas, Texas|
|F/21||Pastor Elijah Friedeman ‘15, Lead Pastor, Foundry Church (Flowood, Miss.)|
|M/24||Dr. Michelle Loyd-Paige, Executive Assoc. to the President for Diversity & Inclusion, Calvin University|
|W/26||Lenten Music Chapel|
|F/28||Bishop Linda Adams, Free Methodist Church of North America|
|M/2||Encounter Series: “The Trinity” – Dr. Chris Bounds ’88, Professor of Theology/Chair of the Department of Christian Studies and Philosophy|
|W/4||Dr. Hubert Harriman, Lifelong Missionary & Former President of WGM|
|F/6||Presidential Inauguration – Rev. Skye Jethani, Author & Co-host of Holy Post Podcast|
|M/9||Encounter Series: “The Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit” – Dr. Sarah Baldwin ’93, Vice President of Student Development & Dean of Students, Asbury University|
|W/11||Dr. Christopher Yuan, Author, Professor in Biblical Studies, Moody Bible Institute|
|M/16||No Chapel – Spring Break|
|W/18||No Chapel – Spring Break|
|F/20||No Chapel – Spring Break|
|M/23||Encounter Series: “The Gifts of the Holy Spirit” – Rev. Greg Haseloff, Associate Dean of Spiritual Life & Campus Chaplain, Asbury University|
|W/25||Lo (“the Poet”) Alaman, Spoken Word Poet & Youth/Campus Minister|
|F/27||Dr. Mitch Glaser, President of Chosen People Ministries|
|M/30||Student Missions Chapel|
|F/3||Mr. Shane Claiborne, Founder of The Simple Way, Philadelphia, Penn.|
|M/6||Holy Week – Dr. Chris Bounds ‘88, Professor of Theology/Chair of the Department of Christian Studies and Philosophy|
|F/10||No Chapel – Good Friday|
|M/13||No Chapel – Easter Break|
|W/15||SEARCH Symposium – Dr. John Haldane, J. Newton Rayzor, Sr. Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Baylor University|
|F/17||Dr. Kevin J. Brown, President, Asbury University|
|W/22||Andrea Toledo Baker ‘97, Director & Founding Partner, Word Made Flesh (Bolivia)|
|F/24||Engaging Culture Chapel|
|W/29||Senior Chapel – Visionary Class of 2020|
|F/1||Encounter Celebration! – Rev. Greg Haseloff, Associate Dean of Spiritual Life & Campus Chaplain, Asbury University|
Elective Chapel Options
Students may receive one alternative chapel credit (each) for attending up to three of the opportunities identified below:
- ALPHA: Every Wednesday (Jan. 22 – April 29), 6:30 – 8 p.m., OMS Student Center (401 Kenyon Avenue).
- PAUSE: Three Events, Bennet Bernard Auditorium (Morrison Bldg):
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 10 a.m. (During Chapel)
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, 11 – 11:50 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 31, 11 – 11:50 a.m.
- Remembering the 1970 Revival: Stories of Lives Transformed; Monday, Feb. 3, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Ash Wednesday Service: Hughes Auditorium, Feb. 26, 3 – 3:45 p.m.
- Evening Chapel: Holy Spirit & Spiritual Warfare (Encounter Series): Tues., Feb. 18, 7 – 8 p.m.
- Evening Chapel: Spiritual Gifts Assessment (Encounter Series): Tuesday, Mar. 24, 7 – 8 p.m. SEARCH Symposium: Wednesday, Apr. 15 (Exact time TBA)
- WHAM: Friday, May 1, 10:30 p.m.