Many students are uncertain about what lies on the other side of college and as a result are unsure what major to choose. Others simply don’t know! Those who are exploring programs and career paths should not feel alone.
Deciding students should consider the following tips:
- Try a course in a subject area that interests you. Programs and their course requirements are all listed on the Office of the Registrar’s webpage.
- Get outside the classroom. You might discover your gifts and passions through other avenues such as volunteering, studying abroad, interning, or getting involved in campus activities.
- Talk with someone in the field. Find a student, faculty member, or professional in the major or career that interests you.
- Talk with someone who knows you well, such as a family member, friend, or mentor who can share what they see in you.
- Pray for wisdom. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of the spiritual resources offered through Spiritual Life.
- Visit the office of New Student Advising to learn more about the programs Asbury offers.
- Connect with support offices such as Career & Calling to unpack your skills, gifts, and personality.
To declare or change majors and minors, students should notify the Office of the Registrar.