Asbury University’s digital signage system comprises fifteen displays in key locations across campus. Digital signage submitted to I.T. Services for display across campus screens must first be approved based on a set of technical and content-based guidelines developed to ensure signs best represent Asbury University while maintaining consistency, readability, and simplicity. A submitted sign could be an advertisement, announcement, or PSA. If it is relevant and useful to campus and students, then it could be digital signage!
- Signs must be in the 4:3 aspect ratio and landscape orientation
- Signs must have dimensions of 1024×768 and 72dpi.
- Signs must have less than 25 words of content to maintain readability.
- Designs must be submitted in either JPG or PNG file format.
- Only events directly sponsored by Asbury University for Asbury Students can be advertised on campus. We do not accept any outside advertisements or advertisements for events which would not happen without Asbury Students.
- Signs should follow good design principles (easy to read, sufficient contrast, not too busy, etc.).
- All signs are subject to approval and redesign by I.T. Services staff based on these standard and general graphic design standards/best practices.
- Signs should be submitted as well in advance as possible to ensure time for approval and possible revision.
- If a sign has a specific date is must be posted or taken down, be sure to designate this in your communication with I.T. Services.
Once a design is submitted, I.T. Services’ graphic design staff will review the submission and respond if there are any issues. Digital signage slides are shown for up to two weeks at a time. If you’d like to promote your event for longer periods of time, please contact I.T. Services via your ticket after submitting a signage request to obtain extended approval.