Technology Orientation for New Students
Welcome to Asbury! We cannot wait to see students back on campus and begin connecting with online students for this new semester! This page will provide new students with all of the information they need on their Asbury account and the basics of technology at Asbury. Still have a question? Create a support ticket!
Table of Contents:
- Log Into Your Asbury Account
- Reset Your Password or Unlock Your Account
- Connecting to the Campus Network (WiFi @ AU)
- Student Portal
- Online Bookstore
- OneDrive Storage Space
- Computer Labs and Printing on Campus
- ID Cards, Computer Repair, Free Software, and Other Services
How to Log Into Your Asbury Account
Please use your Asbury account when logging into all campus computers, services, and sites, including your Asbury Email Account, Discovery, and Portal. All students receive their Asbury credentials through email from the Admissions office. Please contact your Admissions counselor if you have not yet received this email. If you have received your credentials, but are having an issue signing in, please see the section below on resetting your password.
How to Reset Your Password or Unlock Your Account
All Asbury students can reset their Asbury password or unlock their account at anytime if they are enrolled for this service! The first time you sign into your Asbury account, you will be prompted by Microsoft for more information. By filling out the security questions, recovery email, and phone number, you can enroll your account for these self-service options.
If you have more questions about this, watch the video below or check out our support articles on how to Enroll Your Asbury Account for Online Password Reset and How to Update Your Asbury Password for forgotten passwords or locked accounts. Still cannot sign in? Create a support ticket!
Connecting to the Campus Network (WiFi @ AU)
When you are on campus, you can use connect.asbury.edu to register laptops, phones, tablets, etc. for internet access. This site was also created to allow devices that do not have an internet browser to authenticate to Asbury’s network such as gaming systems and smart speakers. Watch the video below or check out this article for instructions on registering your devices through connect.asbury.edu: How to Connect to the Network on Campus
Through your Student Portal you can register for classes, complete your financial registration, see your student bill, view your unofficial transcript, update your emergency contact and more. In addition, it displays your classification, advisor, major, and any declared minors. Watch the video below or check out this article for more information on your student portal: Accessing Your Student Portal
Discovery is the service that Asbury uses for online class management. Professors teaching in-person classes may use Discovery to upload their syllabi and provide a place for online submission of assignments. Students taking online classes will find all of their course content, assignments, syllabi, etc. on Discovery. As a student at Asbury, you will want to frequently check Discovery to stay up-to-date on your classes. Watch the video below or check out this article for more information on Discovery: The Basics of Using Discovery
All online courses or hybrid online and in-person courses will use Zoom for virtual class sessions. Please check out this article for more information on using Zoom for your classes. Asbury Live – Zoom for Students
Asbury uses eCampus as their online bookstore. You can view and purchase your books through eCampus or purchase from a third party (such as Amazon). Watch the video below or check out this article for more information on eCampus: How to Find and Order Textbooks
OneDrive Storage Space
All current Asbury University students, faculty, and staff have access to 1TB of storage space in OneDrive. Please utilize this space to securely store school and work documents as well as collaborate with classmates and co-workers on projects. Watch the video below or check out this article for more information on OneDrive: OneDrive: How to Log In, Upload File, and Share Files
Computer Labs and Printing on Campus
- There are 30+ computers throughout the Kinlaw Library for you to use any time the Library is open.
- There are also computer labs available in the Student Center, the Miller Center for Communication Arts, the McCreless Fine Arts Center, and the Hamann-Ray Science Center.
- Students are given a $40 print balance at the beginning of each semester to use in the Library and Campus Computer Labs. This is non-refundable and refreshes each semester.
ID Cards, Computer Repair, Free Software, and Other Services
- Replacement ID Cards are $15 at the Service Desk in Kinlaw 131.
- We provide software troubleshooting to all Asbury Students at no cost! If we cannot fix it, we will help direct you to your manufacturer for devices under warranty or to another 3rd party you can pay for repairs. I.T. Services is unable to supply or replace hardware components of computers.
- Students can download the Microsoft Office 365 Suite for free on their personal computer! Here are the instructions, or contact the Service Desk for assistance: How to Download and Install the Microsoft Office Suite
- Buying a New Computer? Asbury students are eligible for an educational discount on select computer models.
- Wondering about the technology requirements at Asbury? Check out this article for those answers and more! Frequently Asked Questions about Computers at Asbury
Find a Solution 24×7
- Visit IT Services online at service.asbury.edu to look up a solution, create a support ticket, or check the status of a request.