You may obtain your license plate by following the steps below.
- Download and complete the License Plate Application.
Check the circle by “Independent Colleges and Universities” and write in “Asbury University.”
- Mail the completed form, along with a $25 application fee, to:
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing
P.O. Box 2014
Frankfort, KY 40602-2014
- You will receive a receipt from the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing after they process your application and application fee.
- After receiving your receipt, contact your county clerk’s office to determine if your plate has arrived. Your county clerk may not notify you when the plate arrives because the DMV often does not connect names to plates when it sends them to county clerks. It may take several weeks for the plate to arrive from the DMV.
- When you pick up your new plate, pay an additional $25 to the county clerk. This is the same fee paid annually for your license plate ($15), plus an additional $10, which will be given to the Asbury University general scholarship fund.
$25 application fee, due with the application form.
$25 licensing fee, due when the new plate is picked up at your county clerk’s office (includes $10 which will go to the Asbury University general scholarship fund). The Asbury University license plates are renewed in December each year. If your plate is currently renewed in a different month, you will pay a prorated fee (less than $25) to your county clerk when you pick up your Asbury University plate.
For more information on the independent college license plates, refer to the AIKCU website.
License Plate Application (pdf, 81KB)