Bible and Theology Degree Program
The Bible and Theology program at Asbury University is for anyone with a passion for Jesus Christ, a desire for a deeper understanding of God's Word and a heart for service to others.
Biblical and Theological Studies span a range of disciplines. These include Old Testament, New Testament, hermeneutics (the art and science of interpretation) and theology (including biblical, systematic, historical and pastoral theology).
Programs of Study
Bible and Theology students have gone on to pursue vocations in ministry, missions, medicine, law, social work, counseling, business, communications, among others.
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the Scriptures.
- Develop a clear understanding of the historic Christian faith and the ability to think theologically.
- Lay the foundation for spiritual growth and ethical living.
- Arrive at a mature sense of Christian identity and calling.
Biblical and theological studies faculty at Asbury have a Ph.D. in their respective areas of expertise. Together, these scholar-teachers have more than 100 years of teaching experience. More importantly, they have a heart for students that extends well beyond the classroom.
Our programs are reasonably sized: Pre-Ministry (49 credits); Pre-Seminary (43 credits); Minor (18 credits). It is easy for students to pair Bible and Theology with nearly any other major or minor, such as:
- Media Communications
- Creative Writing
- Ancient Languages
- Christian Ministries, Missions & Youth Ministries