Student Health Services
Monday - Friday, 9AM - 4PM
Monday & Thursday, 9AM - 2PM
To Schedule a FREE appointment or for more information:
Asbury Student Health Services provides a free clinic for students for evaluation and treatment of illness and injury, both acute and chronic issues. There is no charge to see the nurse or doctor. Appointments are strongly encouraged.
The Student Health Service offers appointments with registered nurses who evaluate health problems, treat according to protocol, and contact the University physician as needed. The physician also holds regular clinic hours twice a week. For students carrying at least 9 credit hours, consultations by appointment are available at no charge (with the exception of certain physicals). Services available are similar to those offered by most general physician offices and include:
- Assessment and treatment of illness and injury
- Physical and gynecological exams by the University Physician*
- Allergy injection administration
- Laboratory services* (available at the Health Service – strep, mono, blood sugar, urine – or blood drawn and sent to a Lexington laboratory)
- Routine immunizations* (Tetanus, Hepatitis A&B, flu, meningitis, TB skin test available)
- Health education programs and information
- Nutrition and health counseling
- For Travel Health go to Travel Health Information (PDF)
* While tuition fees cover most doctor and nurse visits and services, there is a nominal charge (PDF) for some tests, treatments, medications, supplies and physicals.
The Student Health Service is a one-story brick building located behind the cafeteria and to the left of the Aldersgate Commons Apartments (corner of W. College Avenue and Hughes Street - view the campus map)
859-858-0003 (confidential fax for Health Service)
After Hours/Urgent Care
The Emergency Nurse Phone Line is accessible by contacting the University switchboard (859-858-3511). A first-aid kit with over-the-counter medications and supplies is available in each residence hall through the RA or RD.