- School of Graduate and Professional Studies Home
- About GPS
- Spiritual Vitality
- Student Services
- Alumni & Partners
- GPS News
Master of Business Administration
Asbury's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is designed to prepare the next generation of 21st century leaders in business, management, and other leadership opportunities. Emphasizing entrepreneurship and innovation, the program equips students with critical and creative thinking skills for commercial and non-profit organizations. Individuals seeking a stronger background in business and organizational leadership or interested in transitioning to a business-related profession benefit from the ethical and global perspectives and a network of mentors from various fields. The program is well-designed for individuals who are searching for an MBA program built around creating value and enhancing human worth rather than a program focused on mere profit.
Distinguishing Program Features
As a SACS accredited, top five ranked Regional College (South) by US News and World Report, the program combines distinguished academics and unique, real world applications within course experiences. Using sophisticated, 21st century technologies, the learning environment meets the needs of non-traditional students and represents complex real-world environments in which the learning is applied. As an institution who believes in academic excellence and spiritual vitality, our integration of ethical practice with theory provides a distinct moral dimension to the student experience.
How the Program is Delivered
The Asbury University Online Learning Platform includes state-of-the-art technology that enables all online students to personally engage with faculty and their cohorts.
Through robust interactive learning technologies, students complete courses online in a flexible, accelerated format. Course activities are completed asynchronously and students participate in live, synchronous video web-conferencing sessions with instructors, students, and guest speakers. The program offers two entry points and the courses typically occur in 7-8 week blocks. The final capstone class of the program requires four days on campus leading into graduation events.
Program entry points are:
- August- 36 hours over 5 semesters
- January- 36 hours over 4 semesters
How the Program will Benefit Me
Since the program is designed to immerse students in both the theory and practice of business disciplines, students will acquire a variety of useful knowledge and skill-sets for contemporary management and organization. Students will experience the following benefits:
- Understand the role, responsibilities, and purposes of business and management from a Christian perspective, and how faith can be integrated into contemporary organizations.
- Be able to think creatively and with innovation about addressing commercial and social issues through entrepreneurial activities.
- Gain a global perspective on business, markets, and organizations.
- Develop leadership skills and behaviors necessary to function in a competitive, international environment.
- Demonstrate competency across core business disciplines.
- Understand decision-making tools and processes in order to analyze and critically evaluate strategic business challenges across business disciplines.
- Communicate clearly and professionally across cultural contexts.
Program Admission Process and Requirements
1. Complete an online application.
2. Have official transcripts of all undergraduate work and graduate work sent directly from the credit-granting institution to Asbury University at the address below. Hand-carried transcripts, even in a sealed envelope, are not official.
3. Submit GMAT or GRE scores. If you have already taken the exam, request your official scores be sent to Asbury University at the address below. If you have not taken either exam, please request your scores be sent to the MBA Program at Asbury University when you take the exam.
4. Request (2) two professional references which must be submitted directly to the MBA Program using the online reference form: 1 professional reference and 1 academic reference
5. Submit current resume by email to MBA@asbury.edu.
6. Complete the Short Essay (We encourage you to prepare your essay in Microsoft Word, then copy and paste to avoid losing any information)
7. $25 Application Fee - Please mail to the address below. Checks can be made payable to Asbury University.
Mail all documents to:
One Macklem Drive
Wilmore, Kentucky 40390
1. Completed graduate application form.
2. Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
3. Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
4. Minimum two years of work experience (contact MBA@asbury.edu for exceptions)
5. Applicants are not required to have a business undergraduate background. However, they should have undergraduate course equivalents in Statistics and Accounting. (Contact MBA@asbury.edu for ways to complete these prerequisites and for more information.)
6. Submission of TOEFL scores for International applications for whom English is not the first language and participation in a SKYPE interview
7. Signed Asbury University Community Expectations Statement. Statement will be emailed to you upon completion of the Application Process.
Transfer credits will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Contact MBA@asbury.edu about transfer credits.
[ALL TRANSCRIPTS, whether high school or University, must be sent directly from that institution to the Admissions Office of Asbury University. Hand-carried transcripts may be used for evaluation only. Hand-carried transcripts are NOT acceptable as final, official transcripts.]