Shaw Scholars Program
Asbury University is excited to announce the Walt & Rowena Shaw Science & Mathematics Scholarship, a new scholarship designed to support students planning to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Applicants should intend on majoring in a STEM field such as biology, chemistry, mathematics, or computational science in our traditional undergraduate program. Three individual scholarships of $5,000 per year for four years ($20,000 total) will be awarded. These scholarships are made possible by a generous gift from Dr. & Mrs. Walt Shaw.
This scholarship is competitive and non-need based. Students must be accepted by the University, declare a major in biology, chemistry, computational mathematics, or computational science, and carry a 4.0 weighted GPA or higher. Candidates with higher academic qualifications and evidence of involvement in mathematics and/or science-related areas will be given priority.
- Online Application
- Two Essay Questions (250-300 words each)
- Two Short Answer Questions (2 sentences each)
- Video Submission (1-2 minutes long)
- Finalists may be invited to a Zoom interview
Expectations for Maintaining Scholarship
- Participation in one or more of the following areas of involvement: undergrad research, Math Modeling, departmental student leadership, etc.
- Cumulative AU GPA: 3.0
- Maintaining a STEM major within the School of Science, Health & Math
- Maintaining good standing at the university