Brian Hull, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Youth Ministry
Department: Christian Studies/Philosophy
Office: HU 122
Phone Extension: 2317
Director, Youth Becoming Leaders: High School Christian Leadership and Global Transformation Institute – Go here for more!
B.A. Olivet Nazarene University (Philosophy and Religion)
M.A. Nazarene Theological Seminary (Christian Education, Youth Ministry Diploma)
Ph.D. Asbury Theological Seminary (Intercultural Studies)
- Youth Ministry
- Youth and Culture
- Pastoral Care of Youth
- Youth and Evangelism
- Special Topics in Youth Ministry
- Practicum: Christian Ministries and Youth Ministry
- Internship: Youth Ministry
- Ministry and Mission in the Contemporary Church
- Dynamics of Spiritual Growth
- Instructional Bible Study
- Leadership in Ministry
- Seminar: Leading Ministry Events
- Seminar: Cross-Cultural Education and Evangelism
- Seminar: Liberal Arts
- Seminar on Islam
- Reachable Reconciliation, Zondervan/Youth Specialties e-book, co-written with Fred Oduyoye, 2017.
- “The Networks of God: Evangelizing Peer Clusters Learning from Saint Patrick and Donald McGavran,” The Journal of Youth Ministry, 2017.
- “Sending the Silent Missionaries: How One Man’s Writing Help Transform Youth and the Global Church,” The Asbury Journal, 2016.
- “Youth Doing Ministry: Four Big Ideas for Teaching Students To Lead,” YouthWorker Journal, 2015.
- Enduring Endeavor: How Francis E. Clark Utilized Written Communication, Global Travel and Organization to Re-Shape the Global Protestant Church’s Ministry to Young People through the Christian Endeavor Society. Dissertation, Asbury Theological Seminary, 2014.
- Participant: Roundtable on Theology and Ministry. YouthWorker Journal, 2014
- Review: Millennials and Mission by Jim and Judy Raymo. Evangelical Missions Quarterly, 2014.
- Review: The Gospel After Christendom by Ryan Bolger. Evangelical Missions Quarterly, 2013.
- How To Gain 5 Million Followers Before Social Media or Even the Regular Use of the Telephone: The Amazing Global Diffusion of Christian Endeavor Societies, Association of Youth Ministry Educators, Washington, D.C., 2014.
- Youth are Mission: Seeing and Ministering to Youth Cultures in America, American Society of Missiology, Chicago, IL, 2012.
- Something New: Snapshots of Youth Ministry Contextualization in North America, Association of Youth Ministry Educators, Seattle, WA, 2011.
- Consolidated all of the Christian Endeavor International and Christian Endeavor WorldWide archives at Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Youth Ministry as Missiology – studying youth ministry and youth culture using missionary techniques, approaches, and philosophy.
- Reconciliation – restoration or beginning of right relationships with others with and through adolescents
- Christian Endeavor Society
- Adolescent Development
- Global Youth Culture
Brian has been involved in local church youth ministry for over 20 years serving in churches in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, and Missouri. An ordained elder in the Church of the Nazarene, Brian most recently served at the Church of the Nazarene Headquarters working for USA/Canada Nazarene Youth Ministries. He has been involved in the training of youth and youth leaders at local, regional, national and international levels as well helping to coordinate youth ministry networks. Brian is also a frequent guest speaker at camps, retreats, special services, and training events for youth, youth leaders, and churches.
- Association of Youth Ministry Educators
- Youth Specialties Academic Support Network
- American Society of Missiology
- Ordained Elder, Church of the Nazarene