Groundskeeper – Full-time position now available on the Grounds crew. The Groundskeeper maintains all University grounds including main campus, rental property, athletic fields, golf course, subdivisions and farms to University standards in service to students, staff and visitors. The Groundskeeper reports to the Grounds Supervisor.
• Mow grass
• Trim hedges and shrubbery
• Leaf removal, snow and ice removal
• Wash university vehicles
• Campus moves
• Weed eat
• Cut wood
• Repair fences
• Replace trees
• Accept other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
• Frequently lift 20-45 pound objects
• Occasionally lift and carry 50-100 pounds
• Occasionally work overhead
• Occasionally climb stairs
• Frequently able to climb ladders and clean debris from roofs
• Frequently able to sit, walk, stand, bend and squat
• Frequently able to grasp and perform fine manipulation
• Constantly able to push and pull
• Participation in after-hours snow crew is required
• Majority of work assignment is outdoors
• Position is considered essential and must report to work, if possible, when the institution is closed due to extreme weather conditions and emergency closings.
• Must be able to read and write
• Basic math skills needed
• Must be able to operate a lawn mower and other equipment
Education and Preferred Experience: High School diploma or equivalent highly preferred. 1 - 6 months of related experience. Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and background check. A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
To apply please signed application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted: 6/11/2014 Deadline: Until filled