Custodian - Part-time
Custodian- Part-time weekend position available at the Physical Plant. This position will report each Saturday and Sunday for an 8 hour shift both days. The custodian maintains University property and work areas to University standards in service to students, staff and visitors. The custodian is responsible to sustain the cleanliness and presentation of campus facilities. The custodian reports to the Custodial Supervisor.
• Clean university buildings and property as assigned.
• Perform routine and specialized cleaning based on facility usage
• Stock custodial closets in dormitories and public buildings
• Clean and sanitize restrooms
• Vacuum, mop and dust
• Trash collection
• Delivering supplies on campus
• Accept other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
• Frequently required to lift/move 20-45 pound objects.
• Occasionally required to lift 50-100 pounds with assistance
• Occasionally assist in moving heavy equipment
• Occasionally climbs ladders
• Frequently able to stoop, bend and kneel
• Occasional overhead work
• Job is interior by nature but may include wet work and high humidity
• Shifts or work areas may vary
• Position is considered essential and must report to work, if possible, when the institution is closed due to extreme weather conditions and emergency closings.
• Must be able to read and write
• Basic math skills needed
Education and Preferred Training: High school diploma or equivalent highly preferred. 1-6 months of related experience. Weekend availability required. Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and background check. A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the university’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
Posted: 02/19/2014 Deadline: Until filled