Funding and Awards
FACULTY SERVICES SEEKS TO ENSURE:
- Access to money for professional development and scholarship travel
- An institutional benefit for these investments
- Support is provided for all research/creative activity initiatives (e.g., travel to conferences, archives, and performance sites; the purchase of scholarship-related materials or equipment; manuscript preparation; transcription services; dissemination costs directly related to a specific exhibition or studio project; etc.)
- Greater discretion of funding use
- All professional life stages are addressed
Each AU faculty member has an annual faculty allotment for expenses such as book purchases, memberships, subscriptions, software, or small trips.
Individual faculty members may seek and may be approved for temporary course reductions to allow them to engage for the semester in specific research projects.
Sabbatical leave provides a faculty member with opportunities for professional growth not normally possible while performing the regular responsibilities of teaching, so they may make a richer contribution to the university.
AU faculty may apply for small research grants to fund projects like manuscript preparation, online materials project, a translation or edition update, the purchase of photographs and permissions, or the costs of duplication and postage.
AU faculty may apply for additional funding to cover transportation, lodging, conference registration, or other research or creative activities.