Eligibility and Selection
Eligibility and Selection for Asbury Initiative Grants
- All participants are required to give a public presentation on the Asbury University campus within three months of the completion of the internship.
- Recipients must keep a daily journal of all expenditures related to the grant.
- The stipend to partially cover lost wages will be based on $300/week ($2,400 maximum)
- The student is responsible for all logistics related to the various details of the internship. Students are encouraged, however, to utilize campus resources for assistance.
- A maximum of 10 grants will be awarded in the 2017 cycle.
- Internships will be funded for a minimum of five weeks (35 days) and a maximum of eight weeks (56 days), either in the summer or during a semester.
- Applications may be submitted during a student's sophomore, junior, or senior year. Prior to participation, recipients of the grant must have completed two years of college, including at least one year at Asbury University.
- All applicants must be in good academic standing.
- Recipients will not receive academic credit or be expected to conduct research. However, applicants must be recommended by a faculty member either in their major area or an area that is related to the sponsoring organization.
The Asbury Initiative requires that the proposals be judged competitively by a selection committee. The selection committee will focus on the viability and quality of the written proposal, the presentation of the internship opportunity, and how well the student makes the case for his or her participation in the internship. Details on how to create a proposal are included in the application process information.