Practicum Counselor Weekly Schedule
Practicum/intern counselors may complete either a 10 or 20 on-site hours per week placement at the Center for Counseling. We do ask all practicum/intern counselors for a minimum commitment of one academic year to ensure continuity of care for our clients. These hours include:
- 5 hours (for the 10 on-site hours per week placement) or 12-14 hours (for the 20 on-site hours per week placement) of individual counseling, couples or group counseling
- 1 hour of one-to-one supervision
- 1 hour of group supervision and staffing (Fridays at 2 pm)
- 1-2 hours of professional training in counseling and psychology (Fridays at 3 pm)
- 1 or 2 hours for administrative purposes (i.e., paperwork, treatment planning, supervision, preparation, etc.)
It is expected that practicum counselors will maintain regular weekly hours which could include early morning and/or late afternoon hours.