Look in our media databases:
We have many types of resources available to our students. Located in our subscription databases are different kinds of media items - including films, music, and images. Use the links below to search for these.
- Search for Images - ArtStor
- This is a multi-disciplinary digital library of over 1.6 million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences with a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes. The Digital Library serves users both within the arts and in disciplines outside of the arts. This includes historians of art and architecture and others engaged in the visual arts, as well as individuals in fields as diverse as American Studies, Anthropology, Asian Studies, Classical Studies, Literary Studies, Medieval Studies, Music, Religious Studies, and Renaissance Studies, all of whom find the images in ARTstor to be relevant to their teaching and research. All images are cleared for educational use.
- Search for Music - Naxos
- Naxos Music Library [NML] is the world's largest online classical music library. Currently, it offers streaming access to more than 100,000 CDs with more than 1.4 million tracks. On average, 500 new CDs are added to the library every month. The library offers the catalogs of more than 50 classical, jazz and world music labels with more labels joining every month, and there is also jazz, film music, nostalgia, classic and contemporary rock content. The aim of NML is to eventually offer access to every work of classical music ever recorded and to become the ultimate resource in the classical music field. In future, users will also be able to view the instrumentation of all orchestral and chamber music works and to access comprehensive analyses of all the most important works.
- Search for Films - Films on Demand
- Films on Demand is a Web-based digital video delivery service that allows you to view streaming videos from Films Media Group anytime, anywhere, 24/7! Choose from thousands of high-quality educational titles in dozens of subject areas which give students and faculty members instant access to streaming content. These educational videos from top producers are segmented into easy-to-use clips providing unlimted access. New content (up to 800 videos) is added monthly. Citations to the videos and clips can be created in Chicago and MLA styles.
- Search for Education Films - Alexander Street Press
- Providess resources for both new and experienced teachers tools to increase their knowledge and skills and for education faculty to link abstract theories of education to real-world students and classrooms. Content includes primary-source footage of students and teachers in actual classrooms, demonstrations, lectures, and documentaries to help both new and experienced teachers develop their abilities to teach, mentor, understand, and communicate with students of all levels of need.
If you need assistance with any of these resources, please contact us on the Ask-A-Librarian link or find one of our Reference Librarians.