Section IV - Refund Penalties
In the absence of a refund policy by the provider of the trip, the following will apply.
4.0 January Trips:
- Withdraws before November 15 — 50% of the total trip fee is forfeited.
- Withdraws between November 15 and November 30 — 75% of the total trip fee is forfeited.
- Withdraws after November 30 until departure — 100% of the total trip fee is forfeited.
4.1 Spring Break, May, and Summer Trips:
- Withdraws before February 15 — 50% of the total trip fee is forfeited.
- Withdrawals between February 15 and February 28 —75% of the total trip fee is forfeited.
- Withdrawals after February 28 until departure — 100% of the total trip fee is forfeited.
4.2 If a student withdraws after the non-refundable purchases (airline tickets, hotel deposits, etc.) are negotiated and/or expended, no refunds will be made to the student.
4.3 In the case of a death in the immediate family or an illness that prevents the student from traveling (documentation required), an exception might be granted by the airlines for a voucher upon presentation of proper documentation. It would be the student’s responsibility to document in detail and negotiate with the airlines or the travel agent. Any money refunded to Asbury University will be passed along to the student provided his/her account was paid in full.
4.4 Trip cancellation insurance is recommended for at least the price of the ticket. There are various insurance providers. For a list of suggested providers, contact the Cross-Cultural Experience Office.
4.5 In the event that a student has elected to travel at a time or by a means other than by the designated plans of his/her Cross-Cultural Experience, money expended for any airline tickets or other travel arrangements already made for the student may be forfeited.
4.6 Courses taken for credit will be refunded according to policies listed in the Bulletin on page 262.