Asbury Reunion to Welcome Alumni in June
February 19, 2016
Mark your calendars for June 23-26 — you’re invited to Reunion 2016!
Don’t miss this opportunity to return to campus, visit with friends and professors, worship in Hughes and enjoy a full weekend of events. All alumni are invited to Reunion, and with exciting programs for kids and teens, there will be fun for the whole family.
“With so many things happening throughout the weekend, there is literally something for everyone,” said Lisa Falin ’90 Harper, director of Alumni Relations. “‘You’re Invited’ means so much more than just a visit: at Reunion, you’re invited to share, to worship, to laugh, to reconnect, and to remember what makes Asbury University so special. We would love to welcome you back to campus. You’re invited!”
Asbury alumni agree — Reunion is an experience you don’t want to miss. Below, we’ve collected our top social media responses to the question, “What’s your favorite thing about Reunion?”
- “I loved the multi-generational aspect of reunion. It was powerful to sing hymns like ‘I have decided to follow Jesus’ with Asburians who served 30 years on the mission field from the class of 1950 alongside others who were just starting their careers from the class of 2010. It was encouraging, challenging, and exciting to see the same Spirit at work in believers across the generations. God has been faithful and will continue to be faithful.” — Kaylyn Moran ‘10
- “I was a student worker at Reunion for several years, and hearing stories from older alumni was always a highlight!” — Joel Sams ‘15
- “Loved the hymn sing in Hughes last year! Looking forward to it again this summer.” — Stephanie Gehring ‘94 Rodriguez
- “Being able to count on seeing friends and classmates every year and sharing our lives.” — Judi Kinlaw ‘71
- “Singing old-fashioned hymns (my favorite) with 60-plus years of Asburians in a packed-out Hughes Auditorium…truly an awesome blessing to be a part of it!” — Aurora Pullar ‘14
All alumni are invited to attend Reunion, and special class luncheons will honor our banner-year reunion for classes: ‘41, ‘46, ‘51, ‘56, ‘61, ‘66 ’71, ‘76, ‘81, ‘86, ‘91, ‘96, ‘01, ‘06 and ’11. We also want to extend a special welcome to this year’s “Gold Grads” class — the Vanguards Class of 1966, celebrating their 50th reunion.
Chapel services at Reunion will feature Rurel Ausley ’76, lead pastor at Crosspoint, a multisite United Methodist congregation in the Florida Panhandle; Jeannie Banter ’06, Assistant Director of Campus Ministries and Assistant Chaplain at Asbury University; and Irv Brendlinger ’66, Professor Emeritus of Church History and Theology at George Fox University.
Whether it’s your first visit to campus since graduating or your 50th, you’ll be amazed at the ways Asbury has changed and grown. If you haven’t seen our Equine Farm or Miller Center for Communication Arts, you’ll have opportunities for tours. There will also be time to share with our President, Dr. Sandra C. Gray, and to greet former and current professors. Our award recognition and hymn sing on Friday are always a highlight of Reunion, and a celebration on Saturday night will mark an exciting announcement!
To learn more about Reunion, visit: asbury.edu/reunion