Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note

Click to return to the Financial Aid main page.

Students borrowing Federal Direct Unsubsidized/Subsidized student loans are required to complete Entrance Counseling and to sign a Master Promissory Note. Parents borrowing Federal Direct PLUS loans for their dependent students and graduate students borrow Federal Direct PLUS loans are required to submit a Master Promissory Note, but are not required to complete Entrance Counseling. These processes may be completed online at StudentLoans.gov. Some financial aid awards may be delayed or removed if these processes are not completed.

Financial Aid Pathway Tip!

After you have completed your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have reviewed your financial aid award information online through the Asbury University Online Services Portal, students should go to StudentLoans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling and to sign the Master Promissory Note. Students should complete these processes prior to the start of the semester. Loans will not be processed until completion of these items.