Update on March 17, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
For questions relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic and Asbury’s Procedures, please email: email@example.com
March 17, 2020 at 2:50 p.m. EDT
Academic Semester Information
- The traditional undergraduate last date to withdraw from a full-semester course has been extended one week from Wednesday, March 25th to Wednesday, April 1st.
- To give an additional week for faculty advising, the fall 2020 registration schedule has also been adjusted one week and will begin with traditional undergraduate senior registration on Monday, April 6th. Graduate and APS registration will now begin Wednesday, April 22nd.
|Class||Current EARNED Hour Range||Group||Day||Reg Date||Reg Time|
|Graduate (Masters Level)||GRAD||Wednesday||4/22/2020||11 a.m.|
- There will be no in-seat classes during the week of March 23-27. Your professor will communicate with you regarding assignments during that week.
- All online classes will proceed as currently scheduled.
- Asbury University will be prepared to offer ALL classes in an online format starting March 30, should that become necessary.
- A final decision regarding classes starting March 30 will be communicated by end of day on March 25.
- Spring Term 2020 will be completed with either online or in-seat classes. This term will “count” so that students may be able to graduate.
- Your professor will be in communication with you regarding the details for each course.
- Grades will be submitted at the end of the term as usual.
- The Asbury online platforms, Zoom and Discovery, will allow students to access courses from any number of devices. If a student’s online access is limited, Zoom will allow the student to call in to class for an audio-only option.
- Students who are concerned about connectivity should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so that their case can be reviewed.
Student Travel (International, Domestic Trips & CCE)
- AU-sponsored student international trips are cancelled through the end of the semester, May 8.
- International travel after May 8 is under review.
- AU-sponsored domestic student travel is cancelled through March 30. Travel after March 30 is under review.
- Students with CCE questions should contact Shannon Montgomery directly at email@example.com.
Housing March 14–29 (Spring Break plus the additional week)
- Students must complete check-out procedures by 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 14. Check-out procedures have been sent to all residential students by their Resident Director.
- All students who feel they need to stay in the residence halls between Saturday, March 14, at 10 a.m. and Sunday, March 29 at 1 p.m. MUST apply for approval through the survey emailed by Residence Life.
- Students will be notified regarding their approval for housing as soon as possible.
- Students are advised to take as much home as possible from their residence hall rooms and to be prepared for a prolonged stay away from campus.
Students Approved to Remain in the Residence Halls
- If a student experiences respiratory symptoms and a fever over 100 degrees, the student will need to be evaluated at Jessamine Medical Center (859) 887-8400. Notify Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with the results of the evaluation.
- If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19 or advised to self-quarantine, the student should contact the Switchboard BEFORE returning to campus and ask to speak with the RD on call for an alternative housing plan.
- The RD and Student Development Dean on Call are available 24 hours a day through the Switchboard.
- The Student Center will be closed until further notice.
- The Luce Center will be closed through March 29.
- The Glide-Crawford Gym will be closed through March 29.
- Kinlaw Library will be closed until April 1st. No one is to enter the building without permission from the Asbury University administration. Access to online resources will continue; please contact the Library if you need assistance.
- As typical, Food Services is closed during Spring Break. However, students who are concerned about food security can contact Asbury Outreach Coalition at email@example.com for food assistance.
- Food Services will open Sunday, March 22 at 5 p.m. for dinner. Meal hours will be posted here.
- Health Services is closed the week of March 16-20 and will reopen on Monday, March 23 at 9 a.m.
- Walk-in appointments are no longer available. All students must email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- An Emergency Nurse Phone Line is available 24 hours a day by contacting the Switchboard.
- Health Services does not have the ability to test for COVID-19 and does not have the personal protective equipment needed to serve students or employees who have or may have the virus.
- All University-sponsored student events on or off campus are cancelled through March 29, 2020. All future student events are under review.
COVID-19 Exposure & Health Information
Students should monitor their health closely. If students experience any cold/flu symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and a fever over 100 degrees, they should NOT return to campus without being evaluated by a medical professional and being fever-free (without fever-reducing medications) for at least 24 hours.
Quarantine After Exposure
If students have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, they MUST self-quarantine off campus for 14 days. Notify Health Services of the exposure or potential exposure at email@example.com. Asbury University does not have the capacity to provide space for those who need to quarantine. Students will not be allowed to return to residential housing on campus during the quarantine period. Students who were approved to stay on campus must contact Switchboard BEFORE returning to campus and ask to speak with the RD on call for an alternative housing plan.