China Study Abroad Passports & Visas – Asbury University
Shapemaximize playTriangle

Students will work with the Study Abroad Office at Asbury to obtain visas for China and if necessary, a passport as well. 

In order to enter and exit China, you must obtain a visa prior to arrival and have a passport with at least six months’ validity remaining. The lack of either will result in a fine and immediate deportation. When applying for a visa, you will apply for a ten-year multiple entry visa, which is also useful for repeated travel or trips to Hong Kong or Macau with returns to China. You must have a valid visa to exit China and you must leave China before the expiration of the listed duration of stay. For more questions regarding visa requirements, please use the U.S. State Department webpage or the U.S. Embassy in China webpage.